Phoenix Family Law & Divorce Lawyer
All cases are handled by Michael Skupin personally.
For over 16 years, attorney Michael Skupin has represented clients in all aspects of divorce and family law matters in Phoenix, Arizona and all surrounding areas. In that time, he has helped countless families and individuals. Michael Skupin is an aggressive attorney focused on obtaining the best results possible for his clients.
Before taking up a career in law, Michael attended Claremont McKenna College, from which he graduated with his BA in Economics in 1993, and subsequently received his law degree and Master of Business Administration degree from Arizona State University in 1997.
Michael Skupin is licensed to practice law in the state of Arizona, as well as the United States Federal District Court for the District of Arizona (admitted in 1999). He is also a member of the Family Law Section of the State Bar of Arizona and the Family Law Section of the Maricopa County Bar Association. Michael Skupin served on the Executive Board of the Maricopa County Bar Association from 2013 – 2015, he has an A+ Rating from the Arizona BBB and a 10 out of 10 “Superb” Rating on AVVO. For these reasons, you can trust that your case will be in capable hands when you work with Michael Skupin, the Phoenix divorce attorney at Skupin Law Group, PLLC.
- State Bar of Arizona – 1999
- United States Federal District Court, District of Arizona – 1999
- Arizona State University, Juris Doctor Degree – 1997
- Arizona State University, Master of Business Administration – 1997
- Claremont McKenna College, Bachelor of Arts in Economics – 1993
- Family Law Section of the State Bar of Arizona
- Family Law Section of the Maricopa County Bar Association
- Arizona Association of Family Law Attorneys
- Past Executive Board Member, Family Law Section, Maricopa County Bar Association
- Veritas Prep Academy Fundraising Committee
- Volunteer Baseball Coach for St. Francis Xavier Athletic Association
- Volunteer Baseball Coach for Arcadia Little League
- Member of the Kilroy’s Ice Hockey Club (for old guys!)
Michael Skupin is originally from Toronto, Ontario, Canada. In 1987, his family relocated to Arizona where Michael completed high school at Brophy College Preparatory. Although an avid hockey fan, Michael accepted a baseball scholarship and enjoyed playing collegiate baseball during his undergraduate years.
Michael is currently married to Alicia who is a Chandler Municipal Court Judge. The couple has a blended family of five children ranging from 2 to 16 years old.
When Michael is not working, he spends almost all of his free time coaching his children in baseball, golf, chess, and softball. Michael also finds time to play on an adult hockey team in an attempt to relive his youth growing up in Canada and has been lucky to avoid injury.